I seem to wear the rough and tumble of the wild pretty well. Seems difficult adjusting back to the hustle of city life! I drove over 350km back to Nairobi last night and after six hours of sleep, I am still struggling to ease back.
The champs are on the road by 9.00 o'clock,  ready to tackle the 25km to Voi. It's Sunday and while everyone is in church or in bed, these gentlemen are already counting the miles. But I do begrudge them the warm temperatures, I am a sucker for heat. Can't handle cold weather. And it is freezing in Nairobi!
Today I wanna give a huge thumbs up to Jimmi. Jimmi has been the number one cheerleader for the Step by Step Campaign. He has been updating the public about the team's progress from the beginning. He has had these gentlemen in his studio just so Kenyans could meet them. He knows their names, their background, the things they hold dear, the love they have for their families, their low moments and the high ones. He has walked this walk with them. Every single step.
Today he goes a step further. He has taken time out of his weekend to spend Sunday morning with them. He may have missed church but I bet he is more blessed than those who are dozing on the church pews! I must thank him for a fabulous gospel collection that he's put together today. It is totally in keeping with the spirit of the campaign. As we catch up on the walkers trail, I am touched that he remembers that Nyangi's baby is now two months old. I guess when you are a dad, you understand a comrade.
I am extremely happy to meet Mr. Mohammed of Bradleys, his CEO, Jim and Jayne. These guys came through for us at a moment's notice without hesitation. They are at work on a Sunday. I receive the new shoes, socks and cartons of bottled water for the team. They are still willing to donate to the campaign during the medical camps. I am touched. On behalf of the Step by Step campaign, I can only say a big THANK YOU!
I am happy to hear that the team have been well received at The Tsavo East  Gate, Voi. Thanks to Mr. Dickson Too, acting Deputy Director, Tsavo; and the Senior Warden,  Mr. Wambua. Captain O'Brien, the Assistant Director, Tsavo, runs a tight ship and in his absence, his team are more than capable. They have set up a hostel for the team. There shall be no tents allowed. Tsavo East is home to the big five and more, and security is top notch. Thank you once again Kenya Wildlife Service!
Nbosire1

Nbosire1

Underneath the white coat is a woman, with a deep appreciation for the simple joys of life. Happy to share my experiences and musings with you through my work and life!

Post A Comment:

0 comments: