Today the day started on a bit of a low note. Thomas's feet are HURTING!!! He has nasty blisters that he has been concealing from his team because he does not wish to dampen their spirits. I mean! Who does that??????
His feet are on fire. And he does have delicate feet. They have blisters on the underside where he steps! Oh they are painful! But the stamina of the man!! He won't give in to them. He refuses to let them hold him  back. He won't even hear of a suggestion to ride in the truck for a day to rest them.
The E-Plus team from Kenya Red  Cross are doing the best they can. Pain medication is dispensed and cotton padding for the feet is done and our gallant hero hits the road without once looking back! Emali get ready, a champ is on the way.
I have seen team captains motivate their teams, I haven't seen this kind of motivation. I am lost for words. I know his daughters at home are in tears. They are devastated by what he has to endure but deep down, their hearts swell with pride. He is doing this for women. He is doing this for them!!! His sons will put a  brave face but the sacrifice he is making is not lost on them. I don't even want to imagine what his wife thinks. She must be one tough cookie. In her place I would be bawling my eyes out.
I have never been so glad to see our next campsite! It may be next to the railroad but it is the best thing I have seen all day!!
Nbosire1

Nbosire1

Underneath the white coat is a woman, with a deep appreciation for the simple joys of life. Happy to share my experiences and musings with you through my work and life!

Post A Comment:

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So touching. And u know those blisters are deep seated. Not the ones that could easily be drained without having to worry about infection setting in. Am glad that padding under his foot gave him alkeast a day of comfort. Carry on heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete