When I started blogging, I dedicated my blog to a precious child who stole my heart. Today, it is with great sadness that I dedicate my birthday to her. I lost my diamond and to be honest, my heart is real heavy.

On Saturday 18th August 2012, Magda Holana Iteka passed on. They say August is a dark month in Kenya, this time I surely agree. My smiling angel battled severe malaria and finally rested. I could wail and scream and yell at the unfairness of it all, but I have calmed down enough to see that it won't do much good.





So I choose to see the brighter side of things. That through this little one, I learnt patience, resilience and generosity beyond measure. I was blessed to meet wonderful people and forge lifetime friendships that truly enrich my life. I touched a child's heart and got thousands of blessings in return.

I want her family to know that Holana was a diamond, not a rough piece, but truly a work of art. I know right this moment she is looking down on them smiling and saying, "I am at peace, so will you be in time"

My precious precious child, I will celebrate you as you deserve to be celebrated. And I do ask that all those who cared for you as I did, may you all join me in doing the same.

FOR SURELY, IT IS NOT EVERY DAY AN ANGEL GETS TO LIVE IN OUR MIDST!




Nbosire1

Nbosire1

Underneath the white coat is a woman, with a deep appreciation for the simple joys of life. Happy to share my experiences and musings with you through my work and life!

Post A Comment:

9 comments:

  1. Our precious diamond will surely rest in peace...Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Touched..may your heart stay warm, may God bless the work of your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just re-reading this to Richard. It's very sad and we share in your pain love. Pole sana. May your beautiful diamond rest in perfect peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendi, I know how you feel about kids. Cant wait for you and Richard to give me a niece!

      Delete