It been 15 days, 15 whole days!! Whoop whoop!!

Ok, honestly, I HATE HATE HATE this tabs!!! Never in my life did I think I would hate medicine but now I do. It's yucky and makes my tongue taste like it's grown fur and make me smell of drugs through my skin and makes toothpaste taste like tree sap or raw banana peels (don't ask me how I know that), oh dear, the list is endless.

Well, I have to acknowledge baby steps! On three occasions, I have managed to eat ugali and vegetables and kept down the meals. Yesterday I ate bread for the first time in 14 days and finally today, I managed to pig out on my favorite junk, pizza!! I see hope in being able to regain my weight *wink wink*

I have been a bad patient. I have found every reason to post-pone my doctor's  visit to get my test results back. I guess deep down I don't wanna have to start a new drug regimen in case my tests are way off base. I've spent today with low-grade fevers and chills and muscles aching like crazy. This is despite being on call and its been a busy call. I'm keeping a brave face. I figure I'm just tired and tomorrow will be a better day.

Bless all who are walking with me on this one. Your support is overwhelming. As for my brother Karanja who's pigging out on all the chapos because I'm sick, your days are numbered, I'll be back on the scene sooner than you think!

Tonight as I take my drugs, I'm grateful I didn't have to chop off my finger like a certain doctor after he pricked himself while operating on a HIV-positive patient. Thank God he remains HIV-free today. Those were the dark days before the advent of post-exposure prophylaxis...
Nbosire1

Nbosire1

Underneath the white coat is a woman, with a deep appreciation for the simple joys of life. Happy to share my experiences and musings with you through my work and life!

Post A Comment:

1 comments: