What a roller-coaster this is I'm riding! I have not had the pleasure of being pregnant in the first trimester, but if this is it, I know for sure I'm in BIG trouble!!!

I am faithfully on course with my post-exposure prophylaxis meds. I can testify its NOT easy. My mouth permanently feels like I just chewed rexona soap, swallowing saliva is a problem (just when it chooses to be formed in large quantities), all smells are a no-no (food, my favorite parfum/body spritz, air fresheners, body lotions) and I certainly can't stand the taste of fat! There goes terrific Tuesdays and the yummy veggie supremos I relish. This has reduced me to drinking fresh fruit juice, eat mangos and apples and as of yesterday, tolerate uji.

Well, the upside is, in six days, I already lost one kilogram. Hurray to weight loss project. The downside is, there goes my favorite Saturday night dinner with family. I can no longer tolerate chapos:-( moan moan moan.... How now? Cant even stand their sweet smell while cooking. This is absolute disaster for me.

I went for my check-up yesterday and the doctor confirmed that yes, I am looking a bit jaundiced and hence have to take another blood test!!!! The damned needles!! My dear liver you better not be off-kilter too much coz I can't tolerate starting a new drug with new side-effects all over again. I got the remaining three weeks worth of meds and boy, don't they look intimidating!

As for the chronic fatigue and the permanently nauseated look, I need to do something! Its not funny everyone asking me the same question whenever they see me: oh my dear, what's wrong?

It's bad enough, this being February, I have to miss out on all the goodies the month of love brings:-( Thank God I have lost taste for my favorite drinks. I'd be feeling rather caged watching others make merry. So for now, its me and my new best friend -water.

As long as the days keep moving, I will be just fine I believe. Thanks to my amazing family and the support from my friends. I couldn't do this without you!
Nbosire1

Nbosire1

Underneath the white coat is a woman, with a deep appreciation for the simple joys of life. Happy to share my experiences and musings with you through my work and life!

Post A Comment:

1 comments:

  1. Pole again Doc.I so feel you.When it happened to me on 29th Dec I was in Shock.Spending new year feeling like that-I can say this is one new year I never celebrated.And yes-those containers are intimidating..did I tell you at some point I cut mine open with a knife after struggling with it for almost an hour unsuccessfully!Have never been more frustrated than that day.I got a new found respect and understanding for all those mothers we see with nausea at the clinic.
    I know you are strong Doc an He will see you through it.All the best.

    ReplyDelete