Two more days to go!!! Two two two.... We are truly almost there.
I must admit I am excited. I have spent sleepless nights worrying about the safety of the team on the road. Praying for their safety and health, worrying about malaria and fatigue and of course the blisters. It feels like I'm permanently holding my breathe and scared to exhale lest something bad happens. So you can understand my excitement about the finish line.
As we cross from Kwale County into Kilifi County,  we can appreciate the palm trees  the coastal foodstuff sold by the street vendors on the roadside, humbling prayerful modesty of a people in Ramadhan and the frequent calls for prayer from the mosques.
Mariakani is a busy town with a major weigh bridge and truck stop. The town is split in two, the weigh bridge end and the main town. We camp at Mariakani Secondary School and I am totally surprised. These gentlemen who just walked 25km like it was a stroll in the park, with the exception of Thomas, head off to the  pitch and play a game of football with the students!! I am still recovering from the shock! I am totally challenged here, I guess I need to do a lot more to come close to this level of fitness.
The school boys are refreshingly curious about this camping lifestyle. They serve their dinner and come to the campsite to eat as they watch us go about our business,  setting up tents,  cooking, washing up, it's all new to them. In the process, I hope they learn a bit about why real men must stand up for women in society. It is the beginning of greatness!
Nbosire1

Nbosire1

Underneath the white coat is a woman, with a deep appreciation for the simple joys of life. Happy to share my experiences and musings with you through my work and life!

Post A Comment:

0 comments: