As a parent, have you thought of your role in the Step by Step campaign?
Today, my friend, a fellow gynaecologist, reminded me how I was almost crossing the line into the other side. Well, when it comes from a gynaecologist, it is not funny. We all know that a woman starting motherhood beyond 35 years is automatically characterised as a high risk pregnancy.
For what it is worth, I am happy to have enjoyed raising two wonderful girls and a boy as though they were my own. The girls are almost crossing into adolescence and that heralds new challenges in parenting. I tease them that they are not done with vaccines yet and they make faces that tell me they could care less about my wise-ass medical assumptions.
It is time for them to get cervical cancer vaccines and I am going to make sure they get each one of the three doses. I will hold them when the tiny needle penetrates the skin just to be sure. I will talk to them about the risks of cervical cancer as we have our sex-ed chats because I owe them that. I will take them to the gynaecologist for their first pap smears , however much they may want to argue.
This is because it is my job. I am tasked to protect them where I can.  And cervical cancer is one such enemy I intend to keep far far away from my precious angels. I know it is 100% preventable. I will make sure that their names will never be in the same sentence as 'cervical cancer patient'. THIS I SOLEMNLY SWEAR, SO HELP ME GOD.
Nbosire1

Nbosire1

Underneath the white coat is a woman, with a deep appreciation for the simple joys of life. Happy to share my experiences and musings with you through my work and life!

Post A Comment:

0 comments: